Events for the day:
HSBC Markit Manufacturing PMI
Headlines for the day:
- M&M sales dip 18% in November
- SAIL, NMDC and RINL line up Rs15,000-cr capex next fiscal
- NHPC to commission over 3,800 MW of delayed projects by 2018
- Tata Power plans to raise up to Rs5,000 cr in next 3 yrs
- LIC to stop selling 34 life insurance policies in December
The Indian stock markets are expected to start the first trading day of December month on a flat note as the global cues look mixed. SGX Nifty is trading 7.50 points higher.
On Friday (November 29, 2013), the S&P BSE Se nsex closed at 20,791.93, up by 257.02 points, while the Nifty rose by 84.25 points to close at 6,176.10.
Asian shares edged lower and the dollar gave up some of its recent gains against the yen on Monday, as investors cautiously awaited key U.S. data this week and took heart from a decent reading on China manufacturing.
Banking stocks were among the best-performing shares in Europe on Friday in otherwise subdued trade although some investors were still betting on a year-end rally.
The Dow and the S&P 500 dipped in thin holiday trading on Friday, but technology stocks helped lift the Nasdaq to a 13-year high.