Headlines for the day:
- SpiceJet offers one million discount tickets
- Lanco gets lenders’ nod to rejig over Rs7,000 crore debt
- HDFC MF acquires Morgan Stanley schemes worth Rs3,290 cr
- Ultratech-Jaypee Rs3,800 crore deal gets CCI approval
- SBI gears up for mega share sale
The Indian stock markets are expected to start the trading on a flat to positive note as the global cues look supportive. SGX Nifty is trading 3.00 points higher.
Traders expect market some market volatility in the session ahead of December expiry of derivatives contracts, due Thursday.
On Monday (December 23, 2013), the S&P BSE Se nsex closed at 21,101.03, up by 21.31 points, while the Nifty rose by 10.25 points to close at 6,284.50
Most Asian stocks gained after data showed the U.S. economic recovery gaining momentum and as Japan’s Nikkei 225 Stock Average rose above 16,000 for the first time in six years.
U.S. stocks climbed on Monday, with the Dow and S&P 500 advancing to all-time highs as a distribution deal by Apple Inc with China Mobile boosted the technology sector.
European shares rose for the fourth co nsecutive session on Monday, buoyed by corporate takeover activity and by gains on Germany’s DAX index which hit a record high.