The Indian stock markets are expected to open in the green zone as the global cues look supportive. SGX Nifty is trading 69.00 points higher.
Events for the day:
- IIP data to be announced after market hours today
- Infosys to post Q2 results today
Headlines for the day:
- Indiabulls Housing trims lending rates by 15 bps
- Jaguar Land Rover global sales up 17% in Sept
- Hinduja Automotive buys 2.6 crore shares of Ashok Leyland
- CCI to take up Jet-Etihad deal on Oct 14
- Glenmark Generics Inc files law suit to enforce licence pact
Indian stock markets are set to start the last trading day of the week on a positive note as the global cues look supportive, investors also look forward to Infosys Q2 earnings and guidance.
IT giant Infosys will kick off the results season with its second quarter earnings. The Q2 earnings and guidance would dictate the market trend in early trades.
On Thursday (October 11, 2013), the S&P BSE Se nsex ended at 20,272.91, up by 23.65 points, while the Nifty rose by 13.50 points to close at 6,020.95.
Asian stocks jumped to three-week highs on Friday, propelled by gains on Wall Street as investors took a chance and cheered perceived progress to avert a possible U.S. default, even as questions remained over whether a deal could be struck.
Major U.S. stock indexes posted their strongest rally in more than nine months on Thursday after signs of progress in negotiations to raise the U.S. debt limit.
European shares recorded their biggest daily gain for a month on Thursday and euro zone blue chips hit 2-1/2 years highs as signs of progress on ending the Washington budget stalemate allayed the spectre of a U.S. default.