Events for the day:
- CPI YoY data to be announced
- Index for Industrial Production YoY figures to be released
Headlines for the day:
- Jindal Power commissions 600 MW unit at Tamnar in Chhattisgarh
- Max Life Insurance ties-up with Toyota Financial Services
- ONGC’s Mozambique gas field holds larger reserves at 45-70 tcf
- Indirect tax refunds at Rs43,409 cr in Apr-Feb
The Indian stock markets are expected to open on a negative note led by subdued global scenario. SGX Nifty is trading 26.50 points lower.
On Tuesday (March 11, 2014), the S&P BSE Se nsex closed at 21826.42, down by 108.41 points, while the Nifty fell 25.35 points to close at 6511.90
Key Indices slipped on Tuesday as investors booked profits after a 5-day rally which pushed the Se nsex above 22,000 marks in intra-day trades on Monday. The BSE Se nsex fell 0.49% and the Nifty was down by 0.39%.
Asian stock markets swung lower on Wednesday as economic uncertainty in China and the United States combined with political tensions in Ukraine to keep investors cautious and commodities under a dark cloud.
U.S. stocks fell on Tuesday, with selling picking up late in the session, as investors cashed in some of the recent market gains, but the S&P 500 finished less than 1 percent away from a record high set last week
German shares rose on Tuesday, outperforming European stocks more broadly, as strong trade data from the region’s largest economy revived investor appetite for the DAX index.